Market Insight data is based on aggregated, adjudicated claims acquired from Insurance clearinghouses over certain periods of time. The information below describes the market data reporting periods for HME/DME/Infusion.
- Market intelligence data currently includes claims for the 18 month period of October 1, 2020 - March 31, 2022.
- This article will be updated to reflect the most recent data refresh, and was last updated on: 7/20/22.
Market Data Processing Timeline
We often receive questions from our clients who want to know 1) when our market data will be refreshed and 2) a better understanding of the update process and how the data is transformed.
We are excited that you are as excited as we are about market data updates! We hope that the timeline below helps explain our update process in a bit more detail:
- Trella receives each market data refresh approximately 3 months after the quarter is complete.
- Generally speaking, it takes approximately 60 days for a claim to be adjudicated. This means that March data, for example, would not be ready to publish until the end of May.
- We receive Q2 data at the end of Q3. The raw data is then analyzed and updated within the Edge application.
This process means that Trella's market data is the most current available within the market, and is about 4-7 months in arrears of real-time.
- May 30: March data (Q1) is “ready”
- June 1: We order the Q1 data as soon as it is available for processing
- Processing and delivery can take approx. 2-4 weeks
- June 15 - June 30: we receive the data
- Testing and implementation into our data solutions can take approx. 2-3 weeks
- Early to Mid-July: Market Data Refresh is launched
Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Please sign in to leave a comment.