1. High decile number in Order rank - These providers are already ordering and filing a large patient volume of claims for HME. This physician already prescribes a large volume, they understand the certificate of medical need (CME) process and paperwork requirements. This means less teaching and effort on your part.
2. High decile number in Diagnoses Rank - This is a decile rank representing the number of patients a provider cares for with a particular diagnosis that is eligible to bill HME supplies. Taking the example above; if you purchased an oxygen supply data set that included a HCPCS code of E1390. A provider with a diagnosis rank of 10, means he has a high volume of patients that have a diagnosis (potentially COPD) that could be used to bill oxygen supplies. If the Diagnosis Rank is high, but the Order Rank is low, this indicates a possible referral source that should be investigated.
3. Payer mix - Understand what insurance mix the provider’s patients have. If you do Medicare only- a provider with a low Medicare patient volume may not be a high-quality referral source for you.
4. Referral share - Providers who send all of their patients to one organization may be harder to create a new relationship with than providers who use multiple organizations.
5. Organizational contribution rank - gives you a quick look at the volume of referrals the provider sends to that organization. If he sends 100% but the contribution rank is low- that organization isn’t receiving much of their overall business from this provider. Maybe it’s an opportunity to show him, the provider, some personal attention, he or she may not realize they have choices when it comes to filling HME orders. This is a key talking point, and a great way to make a good first impression.
After you've added a provider into your Book of Business from Market Insight, their market data & referral share information will be available on your phone.
With this valuable information at your fingertips, you can speak knowledgeably about the referral patterns of a potential referral source.
Being in the field, and building out your referral base is not easy. Market Insight gives you an Edge over your competition.
Market Insight enables you to speak knowledgeably about a providers business. The information you discover in the data is a meaningful foundation in which to build a solid relationship.
For additional information and training surrounding Market Insight: