Because multiple sources of data are available in your Edge account, duplicates may occur.
Whether duplicates are coming over via your electronic health record database or a result of a contact being in both your market data and your electronic health record database, Trella Health Edge can help you un-dup your account.
Merge functionality is only available on the Accounts page.
To merge duplicates, in this case, I'm going to merge two records for Andrew Jones.
- Select the duplicate contacts you wish to merge
- From the Actions drop-down arrow choose the Merge option
- Once you select the Merge option, you will be redirected to the Merge Contacts form
- The first field labeled Preselect will give you an option as to which source of data will be the basis for this new 'master' record.
- Select the record that you believe is most accurate as the master record to start merging from
- As you scroll down the form, click into each field, select the information you wish to carry over to the master record being created by merging these two records together
Fields that you can edit on the fly include:
- First name
- Last name
- NPI number
- Email address
- Address fields - except for State, which is a drop down
- All phone numbers including Fax number
- All custom field information that does not involve a drop-down list
Note: Drop down lists appear for Primary Specialty, Secondary Specialty, and Contact Rating. These fields are dependent on 'Client Defined List' information, meaning Primary Specialty, Secondary Specialty, and Contact Rating are manually added by your organization's Edge Administrator.
- Primary Specialty also comes over via Market Insight data. If you do not have Market Insight data in your account, and/or your organization has not added Primary Specialty, Secondary Specialty, and Contact Rating in the Administration console, a drop-down list for these items will not appear.
Please contact your client administrator so this specific information can be added.
Adding Custom Field information is an option at this time
- Custom Field information can be added during the merge process if you have this additional information surrounding the account at the time of the merge. The custom field information displayed above is labeled Personal info.
- This information can also be added post-merge from the account detail page, simply click on the Edit Contact button
Note: Custom Fields are added by your organization's Edge administrator.
- Once you finish making your selections and adding the necessary information to the record being created, click on the Merge button.
- Notice in the right-hand corner of your screen, an action message will appear briefly- Contacts scheduled to merge.
- Because there is often a lot of data tied to the records being merged, this process can take up to 10 minutes. After clicking on the Merge button you will be redirected to the Accounts Page.
- If you want to check that your merge was successful, you can run a Global search on the contact or search for them on the Accounts page after a 10-minute time span has elapsed. You may need to refresh the accounts page to see the result of the merge.
Note: Multiple duplicate Market Data records cannot be merged. A record that has already been merged cannot be merged with a new duplicate record. This additional functionality will be added in the future.
Please sign in to leave a comment.