As the administrator of your organization's Trella Health Edge account, you'll be responsible for building out some of the basic requirements in the account and maintaining the integrity of the account as your organization grows and changes.
You'll need to know how to add users and configure their territory. Plus, add ownership, if you are an integrated client. You also have the capability to add Activity Types and Custom Fields.
This document will walk you through all the functionality you have control over as the administrator of your organization's account.
As the Client Administrator, you will be able to edit or add to the following tabs for your agency.
- Client Defined Lists
- Custom Fields
Overview page can only be edited by Trella Health Support
You can see how many licenses you have in total for your organization. This will come in handy if you onboard additional Reps and need to know if you have a Trella Health license available. If you need to purchase additional licenses for your growing organization, please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Users Tab
- Add User
- View User
- Edit User
- Add Role
- Reporting Structure
Click Add User, enter information in required fields and Submit.
The ability to Edit user, Reset Password, and Deactivate is available after you click View
Add a Client Admin Role to the User by clicking add Role
Most users will not be granted any roles - lack of a role is the basic setup and appropriate for most sales rep users.
- Client Admin - provides the user the ability to administer the system including adding/removing users, updating custom fields and settings
- Manager - provides the user the ability to view the calendar, book of business, and accounts of any user under them in the Reporting Structure
- Dashboard (must be enabled by Trella Health) - provides the user access to the company-wide overview dashboard including Order and Activity information
Edit or create a Reporting Structure by clicking Edit Reporting Structure
Click the square to the left of all those displayed that report directly to you
Edit Territory by clicking edit Territory
You can edit a user’s territory at the State, County or Zip Code level.
Ownership and Branches are integral to the integration.
When new marketing reps/account executives join your organization, an Ownership ID (found on the EHR instance) needs to be added by the Client Administrator into the Ownership section of the Edge platform. For integration to remain intact, New Marketing Rep=New Ownership ID
Equally important to the stability of the integration are Branches. If an organization adds a new Branch in the EHR, they will need to add the Branch in Edge. If the Branch is not added, it may cause the integration of Orders to fail. New Branch=Add Branch Name to the Branch Tab in Trella Health Edge
- Account ownership
- Rep Key # generated by your EHR
User = an Active user in the User tab
- Click the User button
- Click into the User Field and chose from the list of users that displays
- Enter the Rep Key generated by your EHR in the Rep Key Field
- Click into the Import Office field, select the appropriate office for this user
Click the Add button
NOTE: Typically, when you click into the Import Office field there will display only one choice, one Import Office to choose from. If your organization has multiple locations on separate EHR's more then one Import Office will display. You will have to know which office the user is associated with and select the correct Import Office.
- Add Branch
Click Add Branch - the name of the Branch is all that’s required.
Note: As an organization grows, news Branches need to be added to the Branch Tab to capture Orders under that Branch in the integration
- Client Defined Lists
Client defined lists are defined by the client, but they also come over via the integration and/or the Market Insight data.
The following lists can be defined by the client, and /or added via the integration & Market Insight. This functionality is very straight forward, I will not cover these lists in this document.
- Contact Specialty
- Insurance Types
- Facility Type
- Organization Type
Contact Ratings are defined by the client
It is highly recommended that you determine a Rating system that works for your organization, and encourage your users to add Rating to their Contacts and Facilities via the Edit Contact button on the Client details page. Functionality that incorporates Contact and Facility Rating is on the Trella Health Edge roadmap.
To add the Rating of your choice, simply type the Rating in the Name field and click Add
Referral Status & HME Order Status
- Added prior to integration by Trella Health Edge
- Clients may edit which Order Status is pulled into the Census
- At least one Status must be included in the Census.
Activity types are client specific and represent what your users spend their time focusing on. They can also align with a structured sales process
- Sales Calls
- In Service
- Cold Calling/Prospecting
- Set as the default activity
Note: Activity types are available to your marketers in a drop down when they create Activities surrounding their contacts.
As a manager, you can use these Activity types for reporting purposes.
Example, Cold Call or Prospecting as an activity type to represent meetings with a potential new referral source.
How many activities with the “Cold Call type” did it take before the marketer began receiving orders from a particular referral source…
Activity types are unlimited
Custom Fields are specific to the client and can be added to various objects to track miscellaneous information or pipeline information.
Example, General Info-
- Preferred Visit Time
Example, Pipeline Info
Custom Field information can be added to the below objects:
Once your custom fields are built out, they will display on the Contact/Facility/Patient Details page.
Your users will add this information by clicking Edit Contact or Edit Facility. (See the example below)
Note: Custom Fields on the Patient can only be added via an integration.
- Object = where does this information live, Contact, Facility, Patient
- Section= The class of information your gathering, example Personal Information is my section 1
- Section Order= in what order does this class of information appear on the page, example Personal Information is the first class of custom field information displayed on the Contact. Primary Insurance Type is Section 2 (see screenshot above)
- Name= Type of information in this class, example Preferred Visit Time
- (Field) Order=The order in which this information appears in the Section, example Preferred Visit Time displays first
- Type= Text/Number/Date/Date&Time/Enum list
- Required= True/False
- Status= Active/inactive
- Think of the Section as the class of information you’re gathering on an Object, example, personal information that you might need to ensure a solid relationship with a Contact or Facility.
- There may be several types of personal information that you are gathering around a Contact (Doctor, case manager, referral source).
- You want the information your gathering to display in a certain order
- All information will be populated under the heading “Personal Information” on the Contact Details page in the order you choose.
- If you choose True as Required, the user will have to complete this field if they Edit the Contact for any reason. Unless you have a compelling reason to mark a Custom Field as Required=True, select False in the Required filed
- Custom Fields cannot be deleted, but they can be made Inactive. If a Custom Field is Inactive it will not display on the Object
Let's walk through creating a Custom Field
Click on the Custom Field Tab
Click Add Field
Note: The below fields are Populated by Default
In this example, I'm going to create an Enum List
After clicking the Enum List from the Type dropdown you will see a blank field under Key & Value.
Note: Both the Key & Value fields need to display the SAME word
To add another item to the Enum list (which will display as a dropdown to your users) click the Add New List Item button. You are able to add as many list items as needed.
The week isn't complete without Friday!
Once all fields are complete and the Enum list is built out, Click Submit
This is how the information will look when you click on a Facility in your Book of Business with the Custom Field information added via Edit Contact
Important Note: Be sure to click the same Object (Contact, Facility, Patient) from the drop-down when you are building out a Section in Custom Fields.
Note: The screenshot above
- EXTENDED CARE is an example of a Facility Type. Facility Types are added in Client Defined Lists
- EXTENDED CARE, HOME HEALTH AGENCY is an example of an Organization Type. Organization Types are added in Client Defined Lists
- Rating is also added in Client Defined Lists
Note: Because Trella Health Edge functionality is continuing to evolve, this is a living document and will be updated periodically.
Please sign in to leave a comment.